New York History: Baker Shotguns
New York History Home Page > Forum > Main01 Room > Baker Shotguns
~
* New York history books Old New York photos, images New York gifts New York history articles NYC discussion forum New York history links New York collectors buying guide
~

New York History Forum: Baker Shotguns

Posted by: Daryl Hallquist (darylh@ThisIsToPreventSpam-421-RemoveThis.in-tch.com) on 3 Jul 2003 at 7:02:33 PM
In-Reply-To: Folsom Arms Company posted by Bill Glueck on 1:20:25 PM 23 Dec 2002

:I am a collector and student of the Baker shotguns and the Folsom made guns. There is much to say, but don't know exactly what you are looking for.

Daryl Hallquist
406-282-7164
darylh@in-tch.com

Hi,
:
: I am a collector of better quality American made side by side shotguns. I just purchased a 16 gauge Baker Batavia Leader and I'm very interested in learning more about the gun and the company. The engraving on the sidelock of the gun says it was manufactured in Norwich, CT. I know that Baker of Syracuse and then Batavia NY was sold to Folsom Arms Company of Norwich, CT in 1919. Folsom was Baker's exclusive distributor in New York City. According to the serial number I believe this gun was mfg or assembled by the Crescent Firearms Company between 1919 and 1923.
:
: I'm interested in as much information as I can get on Folsom Arms of NYC and Norwich, Baker Gun Company of Batavia, NY and Crescent Firearms of unknown domicile.
:
: I'd be interested in purchasing old Baker gun catalogs and other memorabilia from about 1900 through the end of their history.
:
: I invite anybody with information to call me at
: 860-841-6053 or to send me an email at wdg@ipi-ivr.com.
:
: Thanks.
:
: Bill Glueck
:
: : : : I have some information re H&D Folsom- please e-mail me directly.
: : : Hi I have come into the possession of a nice American Gun Co.double carriage gun and am interested in the history of the company and the gun.
: : Thaank you for your time
: : RL Pinney
: : :
: : : Hi there,
: : : My grandfather was H. Lloyd Folsom, president of Folsom Arms up to 1952. If you're interested, I can give you all sorts of info about the company, and perhaps you know some stuff I'd be interested in.
: : : Tom Saunders

Click here to return to the Main01 forum room home page.

Current replies to this message:

To reply privately:
If the person posting this message left their e-mail address, we inserted some random characters to prevent spammers from harvesting their address. Spammers do this with automated "bots" that constantly search the Web looking for e-mail addresses. Since you're a human being, not a bot, you can easily obtain the real address by removing the text that says "ThisisToPreventSpam-XYZ-RemoveThis." including the random number XYZ and the period at the end. For example, <whitten@ThisIsToPreventSpam-123-RemoveThis.despammed.com> would become <chris-(@)-interesting.com>.

To reply to the group:
The forum software that originally created this message has been replaced with new and improved forum software.

~
* New York history books Old New York photos, images New York gifts New York history articles NYC discussion forum New York history links New York collectors buying guide New York History home page
~
© 2001-2007 Interesting.com